Friday, November 21, 2008

The eye twitch

I am now on day 7 of a persistent eye twitch.  It's probably caused by stress, though the optometrist says that there isn't much data on what actually causes the buggers.  I'm thinking that lots of long days and nights at the office staring down student handwriting has something to do with it.  My nose now sports new glasses (time for an upgrade, anyway) and I'm trying to read less, though I'm not having much success on that front.

How long have eye twitches lasted for y'all out there?  Any record holders, or am I setting a new record?

4 comments:

SWE said...

Well, my father-in-law has had an eye twitch ever since I've known him. And, it's probably stress related. My friend Michele had one awhile back, and I forget how she resolved it. I'll drop her a line and see what she did! In the mean time, I really hope yours goes away.

Roni said...

Thanks. Day 8 now and going strong...oy.

Linda said...

My current eye twitch is now up to three weeks. I am blaming it on stress and lack of sleep--the two seem to go hand in hand. I am thinking that only time will change this so I try to ignore it and hope that it is not visible to anyone outside of my head.

Roni said...

It's a world-wide plague! Well, the eye seems to be twitching less frequently these days and with less gusto. It still goes off first thing in the morning, if I read at all without my glasses and if I rub my eyes. Things are on the decline, though, and hopefully yours will too, Linda, given plenty of Turkey and naps.